SyncTERM is a BBS terminal program which supports:
For detailed specs on SyncTERMs handling of ANSI, as well as it's many extensions, refer to
- Windows, Linux, OpenBSD, NetBSD, OS X, and FreeBSD
- X/Y/ZModem up/downloads
- Runs in full-screen mode on ALL platforms (ALT-Enter switches modes)
- *nix versions will run using SDL, X11, or using curses
- Full ANSI-BBS support
- Full CGTerm Commodore 64 PETSCII support
- Full Atari 8-bit ATASCII support
- DoorWay support
- Support for IBM low and high ASCII including the face graphics (☺ and ☻) and card symbols (♥, ♦, ♣, and ♠) which so many other terms have problems with (may not work in curses mode... depends on the terminal being used).
- Phone books
- Multiple screen modes (80x25, 80x28, 80x43, 80x50, 80x60, 132x25, 132x28, 132x30, 132x34, 132x43, 132x50, 132x60)
- ANSI Music (through the sound card if installed)
- Telnet, RLogin, SSH, RAW, modem, shell (*nix only) and direct serial connections
- Auto-login with Synchronet RLogin
- Large Scrollback
- Mouse-driven menus
- Supports character pacing for ANSI animation as well as the VT500 ESC[*r sequence to allow dynamic speed changes
- Comes with 43 standard fonts and allows the BBS to change the current font *and* upload custom fonts. This tool will allow you to create fonts for use with SyncTERM.
- Supports Operation Overkill ][ Terminal emulation
To install SyncTERM as your default telnet:// and rlogin:// handler follow the instructions for *nix Mozilla/Firefox or Win32.
Contact me on Synchronix if you have an questions, or requests.
Stable releases are available from the project page.
If you haven't chosen your favourite terminal yet, why not try out EtherTerm, Qodem and NetRunner too!
You can get the latest CVS code with the following command
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/sbbs co syncterm
The below links are almost certainly not what you want.
Download binary for:
|OS||Last recompiled||File Size|
|Win32 ||Mon Oct 21 2019 07:02:49||2351.172K|
|OS X (x86_64)||Fri Jun 26 2015 18:38:46||10912.000K|
The rest of these should be built from source whenever possible
|64-bit Linux build available from: DigitalMan||Not local||Not local|
|32-bit Linux build available from: MarisaG||Not local||Not local|
|FreeBSD||Fri Oct 19 2012 04:33:21||1266.170K|
|NetBSD||Tue Jan 22 2008 03:04:19||173.223K|
|OpenBSD||Mon Jan 28 2008 05:17:26||169.545K|
|Solaris/SPARC||Tue Jun 05 2007 11:00:48||194.820K|
|Nokia N8x0 Tablet Version (thanks to qwerty!)||Mon Jan 05 2009 07:45:18||219.699K|
|Linux/SPARC (Provided by OSSHome)||Fri Dec 16 2005 06:09:28||208.710K|
|Haiku package available from art||Not local||Not local|
Or download the Complete Source as of Mon Oct 21 2019 07:02:45 (16397.196K)